Photo Gallery

Site map
0The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
  Main page   Make it home    Expat list   Our partners     About the site   FAQ
Please log in:
To register  Forgotten your password?   
  Survival Guide   Calendars
  Phone Directory   Dining Out
  Employment   Going Out
  Real Estate   Children
   July 24
Ask the Dentist
Ask the Doctor
 Post a question
 Back to questions list
 Read earlier questions
Ask your realtor
Sponsored by IntermarkSavills
IntermarkSavills is a partnership of Intermark and Savills, the leading international property services group.

If you are looking to rent an apartment or country house turn to IntermarkSavills and we will select the most suitable variants for you. The process of searching for an apartment can be stressful for you and your family, but you can rest assured that IntermarkSavills will solve all your problems connected to renting a home.

With us you can always count on efficient, effective and professional services. You can familiarize yourself with current offers on the rental market on our website, which has a daily updated database of properties. Here you will find detailed descriptions, conditions of rent, good quality photos, floor plans and also maps of the local area for each property.

If you are interested you may select a property on our website.

+7 (495) 502-9553, +7 (495) 775-2240,
I am a British passport holder spending more than 183 days in Russia every year and I own my own apartment in my own name. If I was now to marry a Russian National and subsequently get divorced then what claim would my partner have on my property if I wanted to sell it. Could she stop me selling it and does it make a difference if she is registered at the apartment address. Thanks + Regards,
Dear Brian,
According to Russian legislation, an apartment purchased prior to marriage is solely the property of the person whose name appears on the Certificate of Ownership. That means if you purchased the apartment before marrying, your ex-wife could not claim to be the owner of the apartment nor have any claim even over part of it. She could not, therefore, prevent you from selling the apartment. If your wife was registered at the apartment address and refused to be de-registered, she could be forced to do this by a court. For more detailed and confidential information on this or any other legal aspect of buying and selling property in Russia, please feel free to call Intermark on (495) 775 2240. Best regards,
Yana Lukyanova
Copyright © The Moscow Expat Site, 1999-2024Editor  Sales  Webmaster +7 (903) 722-38-02