Photo Gallery

Site map
0The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
  Main page   Make it home    Expat list   Our partners     About the site   FAQ
Please log in:
To register  Forgotten your password?   
  Survival Guide   Calendars
  Phone Directory   Dining Out
  Employment   Going Out
  Real Estate   Children
   May 18
Ask the Dentist
Ask the Doctor
 Post a question
 Back to questions list
 Read earlier questions
Ask your realtor
Sponsored by IntermarkSavills
IntermarkSavills is a partnership of Intermark and Savills, the leading international property services group.

If you are looking to rent an apartment or country house turn to IntermarkSavills and we will select the most suitable variants for you. The process of searching for an apartment can be stressful for you and your family, but you can rest assured that IntermarkSavills will solve all your problems connected to renting a home.

With us you can always count on efficient, effective and professional services. You can familiarize yourself with current offers on the rental market on our website, which has a daily updated database of properties. Here you will find detailed descriptions, conditions of rent, good quality photos, floor plans and also maps of the local area for each property.

If you are interested you may select a property on our website.

+7 (495) 502-9553, +7 (495) 775-2240,
We have just moved out of a flat after a year and the landlords are unsatisfied with the state of the carpets in the flat. We had the flat professionally cleaned out of our own pocket and have offered to pay for a dry cleaning service, but the landlord still claims two of the carpets may have to be replaced, despite them not being damaged in any way. Do we have any rights at all in this situation?
Dear Ryan! First of all we need to know, was the transfer deed signed? If yes, you probably should not have any problems, cause the parties of lease agreement shall regulate this issue in this document: the damage, its cost etc. If this document was not signed or you disagree with this damage, you can engage the professional estimators to appraise this damage or to acknowledge the normal wear and tear of these carpets. But this valuation report could not be accepted by the landlord. Also be informed that the lanlord's refusal from signing the acceptance deed if you disagree to include in this deed provisions about you obligation to reimburse the damage, is not legal! You've just should to fix the technical conditions of the apartment and move out. The landlordin any way will have the ability to demand damage compensation in the basis of article 1064 of the Civil Code of Russian Federation.
Olga Yakubtseva 
Copyright © The Moscow Expat Site, 1999-2024Editor  Sales  Webmaster +7 (903) 722-38-02