Photo Gallery

Site map
0The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
  Main page   Make it home    Expat list   Our partners     About the site   FAQ
Please log in:
To register  Forgotten your password?   
  Survival Guide   Calendars
  Phone Directory   Dining Out
  Employment   Going Out
  Real Estate   Children
   June 15
Ask the Dentist
Ask the Realtor
Survival Guide
Phone Directory
 Post a question
 Back to questions list
 Read earlier questions
Ask the Doctor
Free Medical Advice sponsored by
Got an ache or pain? Have a question about a prescription or over-the-counter drug? Looking for some FREE medical advice?
My wife suffers from atrial fibrillation and high blood pressure. Now an investigation indicated that the throughput in the arteries that supply blood to the brain is only 40%. She is dizzy and weak. What precautions can be done to reduce the risk for stroke? Can the throughput and blood circulation in the brain be improved by medicine, or is a complicated operation of the arteries the only remedy? Are there any good clot busters that one can take as a precaution? All advices on the internet seem to be about what to do when it already has happened, but what to do to reduce the risk?
This inquiry relates to a very serious potential problem and as such is not one that should be addressed without seeing and examining the patient, and having the results of previous investigations to hand. One assumes that she has had at the least a Doppler ultrasound study of the carotid arteries done; and that surgery has been deferred or decided against for good reasons. The doctor who diagnosed her will certainly explain the treatment options if asked, but "clot busters" are unfortunately not the simple answer. We urge your wife and you to talk to her doctor and ask these questions rather than seeking an impersonal and therefore less than accurate answer by e-mail. Good luck. Disclaimer: These comments are made for the purpose of discussion and should NOT be used as recommendations for or against therapies or other treatments. An individual patient is always advised to consult their own physician.
Copyright © The Moscow Expat Site, 1999-2021Editor  Sales  Webmaster +7 (903) 722-38-02