Photo Gallery

Site map
0The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
  Main page   Make it home    Expat list   Our partners     About the site   FAQ
Please log in:
To register  Forgotten your password?   
  Survival Guide   Calendars
  Phone Directory   Dining Out
  Employment   Going Out
  Real Estate   Children
   June 15
Ask the Dentist
Ask the Realtor
Survival Guide
Phone Directory
 Post a question
 Back to questions list
 Read earlier questions
Ask the Doctor
Free Medical Advice sponsored by
Got an ache or pain? Have a question about a prescription or over-the-counter drug? Looking for some FREE medical advice?
my father has been diagnosed with hemmorhoids.he is supposed 2 undergo treatement.. would u tell me what is the surgery and the dietary restrictions?
Haemorrhoids inside or around the anus are essentially equivalent to varicose veins (of the legs) and like these they can be treated by surgery (removing them) or banding (tying them off, usually using a tight elastic band, which falls off after 3-5 days as the hemorrhoid tissue loses its blood supply) - or sometimes the doctor may inject the haemorrhoid directly (sclerotherapy). If they are small and not bleeding they can sometimes be persuaded to shrink by the use of local creams either OTC or by prescription. The more severe cases require surgical removal (= haemorrhoidectomy) under general anesthesia. Diet should be any one that allows easy passage of soft but not bulky stool; your surgeon will have a specific dietary advise sheet. Disclaimer: These comments are made for the purpose of discussion and should NOT be used as recommendations for or against therapies or other treatments. An individual patient is always advised to consult their own physician.
Copyright © The Moscow Expat Site, 1999-2021Editor  Sales  Webmaster +7 (903) 722-38-02