Photo Gallery

Site map
0The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
  Main page   Make it home    Expat list   Our partners     About the site   FAQ
Please log in:
To register  Forgotten your password?   
  Survival Guide   Calendars
  Phone Directory   Dining Out
  Employment   Going Out
  Real Estate   Children
   June 12
Ask the Dentist
Ask the Realtor
Survival Guide
Phone Directory
 Post a question
 Back to questions list
 Read earlier questions
Ask the Doctor
Free Medical Advice sponsored by
Got an ache or pain? Have a question about a prescription or over-the-counter drug? Looking for some FREE medical advice?
Can you recommend an English speaking back specialist in Moscow. Thank you.
The International SOS clinic in Moscow (phone 9375760) will be able to help you. The kind of specialist you require really depends on what kind of problem you have with your back. Your doctor should take a full history and examine you thoroughly, and you may require tests like X-rays, a CT or an MRI scan. Many back problems are related to posture and are mechanical in nature. If this is the case, a good physiotherapist is the best option. If you have a bad back, it is very important to keep active, although not doing anything which makes the pain worse. Even disc herniation (sometimes known as a slipped disc), which may show up on an MRI scan, can usually be treated well with the assistance of a good therapist. Surgery is a last resort and is only recommended if you have significant neurological deficit (like weakness and wasting in the legs) which has not responded to physiotherapy. There is often a long recuperation period and if required you would be best advised to have back surgery in your home country.
Copyright © The Moscow Expat Site, 1999-2021Editor  Sales  Webmaster +7 (903) 722-38-02