Photo Gallery

Site map
0The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
  Main page   Make it home    Expat list   Our partners     About the site   FAQ
Please log in:
To register  Forgotten your password?   
  Survival Guide   Calendars
  Phone Directory   Dining Out
  Employment   Going Out
  Real Estate   Children
   June 12
Ask the Dentist
Ask the Realtor
Survival Guide
Phone Directory
 Post a question
 Back to questions list
 Read earlier questions
Ask the Doctor
Free Medical Advice sponsored by
Got an ache or pain? Have a question about a prescription or over-the-counter drug? Looking for some FREE medical advice?
I am a male in my mid 40s, used to run and play racquetball. Recently I've been feeling occasional pain in my knees. I can be asleep in my bed or moving about, and I'll feel a sharp pain just below the kneecap on the inside leg side. I've heard about the possibility of it being a piece of cartilidge or a problem with the miniscus. What are the other possible causes, and what does diagnosis and treatment entail?
The knee is a complex structure that involves many parts that can get injured. These include the meniscus, a series of ligaments that hold the knee together, bones like the patella, femur and tibia as well as muscle and tendons. It also includes fluid like sacs that surround joints and ligaments called bursa. All these structures can get injured and be a possible cause of your pain. To be able to diagnose your problem, you need to see a doctor who will obtain a good history of your knee problems, do a complete physical exam of your knees and possibly order some diagnostic tests if needed to precise the diagnosis. Of course, treatment will depend on the diagnosis, Hope this helps...
Copyright © The Moscow Expat Site, 1999-2021Editor  Sales  Webmaster +7 (903) 722-38-02