Photo Gallery

Site map
0The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
  Main page   Make it home    Expat list   Our partners     About the site   FAQ
Please log in:
To register  Forgotten your password?   
  Survival Guide   Calendars
  Phone Directory   Dining Out
  Employment   Going Out
  Real Estate   Children
   July 18
What is an invitation and how to get it?

All documents listed above are easy to get and you should have already them available. What you can't do yourself is an invitation to Russia, which is issued according to the type of visa you will get.

Tourist invitations are issued either by a Russian travel agency properly registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and possessing a valid "tour reference" number. They are normally issued for 30 days, but the Consulate of Russia may limit this period to 2 weeks. Usually fax copies of invitations are acceptable.
Business invitations are issued by the Ministry of Interior Affairs. These allow a longer stay - up to 12 months and can be either sent to you by fax or e-mail (if the consulate accepts copies) or posted (if the consulate requires originals). A business invitation can be sometimes sent in the form of a telex directly from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the consulate (the most convenient option for you, because you just need to bring your passport, photos, application form and a fee, but also slightly more expensive).
Private invitations are issued by the Ministry of Interior Affairs, usually 6-8 weeks are required for approval, and the Russian consulates accept only origins of them.

Copyright © The Moscow Expat Site, 1999-2024Editor  Sales  Webmaster +7 (495) 722-3802